Friday, July 9, 2010

The perfect little house on the Prairie!!!


Ok so this is definately not what my perfect house looks like...but I couldn't resist. It is probably an accurate picture of my 3 year old daughters dream house. I dare not ask her because it is 11:27pm and someone is wide awake watching "Mermaidia" for the hundreth time today.

We recently sold our 3 bedroom unit to my mum and pocketed a sweet 80,000. However with bills and bad money management on my behalf that figure has considerably dropped to about half. At the moment we are renting a beautiful house and we want to buy it however, I don't think the landlord wants to sell just yet if at all. Houses up here are so expensive for what they are. You are looking at an average of around $700,000 and you may need a new kitchen. How ridiculous is that. How can anybody afford to buy a house these days and still buy food. So I am up late thinking about budgets and spending. Where we can cut back and should we wait until I am working a bit more so we don't put any unnecessary stress on us.

We are also at looking at buying a boat because we both love fishing.....ok well I am not really on the love boat for fishing but I like sitting around on a boat. We can afford a boat if we decide not to do the house thing this year. I get that boats are just materialistic objects and a house is an investment but these are the options we have to weigh up.

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment